Hot Tags: Mac YouTube Downloader | iPad Video Formats | Flash Player for iPad | Transfer video/music from iPhone to iPad | Free iPad Games | iPhone Video Format | Free iPhone Games | Best YouTube Converter | Free YouTube Downloader | Free Galaxy S III Apps | Free iPad Apps | Watch YouTube on iPad | Download YouTube Video to Galaxy S3 | Play MKV on New iPad | Convert video to Xperia S/P/U | Download YouTube to Galaxy Note II | Rip DVD for The new iPad | iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S4 | How to rip DVDs on Windows 8 | YouTube videos to Galaxy S4 | DVD movies to iPhone 5
Here is a simple way to rip/convert DVD to Apple TV format. But before the tutorial, please view which video audio formats are supported by Apple TV?
Part 1: Apple TV supported video audio formats
Apple TV supported video formats:
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Apple TV supported audio formats:
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
Part 2: Convert/Rip DVD to Apple TV format on Mac
1. Download DVD to Apple TV converter for Mac and install it.
2. Run the converter, insert DVD disc you'd like to rip into the DVD-ROM drive, and then load DVD by clicking 'Add DVD' button, check the ‘Audio Stream’ and ‘Subtitle Stream’ you’d like to rip.
Hints: the DVD to Apple TV converter supports to edit DVD, such as trim segments, crop video size, merge DVDs, add watermark, add video effect and more.
3. Set 'Output Format' as 'Apple TV (720 P) H.264 video'. If you want to customize the output video audio quality, just press 'Setting' icon. Then, you can set video resolution, video bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, audio bitrate, and channel.
4. Hit 'Convert' button to start ripping DVD to Apple TV format. The result file you get will be able to play by Apple TV.
Part 3: Convert/Rip DVD to Apple TV format on Windows
Download DVD to Apple TV converter. The steps of converting/ripping DVD to Apple TV format is the same as the above.